We all want to be safe on line - that goes without saying, but how can we ensure that we are not unsuspectingly disclosing our precious personal and private data to the whole of the internet?
What we need is some kind of simple tool to scan our Facebook accounts (without the tool leaking personal data) and reporting back on areas where our FB privacy can be strengthened.
Luckily such a tool exists and it is dead simple to use. It's called: http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/
Here is a screenshot of the tool in action:
As you can see, I thought I was secure, but I still had some work to do!
Here is how you use the tool to check your privacy settings:
- Surf over to http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/
- Drag their link to your web browser bookmarks bar
- Log in to facebook.com and then click that bookmark
- You will see a series of privacy scans that inspect your privacy settings and warn you about settings that might be unexpectedly public
- Follow reclaimprivacy on Facebook to hear about their latest updates
Simple! All secure now:
Give the tool a spin, you may just be surprised.